Prior to your appointment:
- Changing designs: I will work with you either through a consolation or through email/DM to draw up a design and approve it with you at minimum two days before your scheduled appointment. After that, only minor changes can be made (up to artist on minor changes – but think change in color, small size adjustments, nothing that dramatically changes the design) day of. If more are to be made, depending on the amount of changes, we may have to reschedule your appointment, or an additional fee of $50 will be added.
- Consultations: If you are getting a bigger design, or something more complex, it would be best to request a consultation so we can sit in person and I can get a better idea of what you are looking for. I want to make sure you are satisfied with your design before your appointment.
- Consider what you wear/bring: Remember where you are getting tattooed and dress appropriately. Privacy screens are available as well as pastys if needed. Also note that ink will stain clothes. You will want to bring snacks and water to stay hydrated, but we do have granola bars and water available at the shop.
- Shaving: You don’t need to shave before the appointment, I will do that for you, and don’t mind it.
- Sunburns: I cannot tattoo any sunburnt skin – it will hurt, and it won’t heal properly.
- Remember to bring your ID and a mask for your visit – they will be required.
- I retain the right to refuse service to anyone, and even stop mid session. Please be respectful. Also know I will refuse to tattoo someone if they have been drinking day of as it will affect things. Thank you
During your appointment:
- Never be afraid to ask for a break
- Let me know the level of conversation you would like – we can go silent the entire time, or be friends! I am fine with any level of conversation. I am also chill if you want to watch something or listen to music, just be mindful I might not be the only one in the shop, so please bring headphones.
- If you use saniderm on your new tattoo – keep bandage on for 3-4 days, making sure that the saniderm is sealed all the way around. If it starts to leak or peel off, exposing the tattoo, take it off immediately. Take it off with hot.warm water and continue to take care of it with the following instructions.
- Keep your new tattoo wrapped for appoximately one hour. Then carefully remove the wrap and wash the entire area with mild soap and cool water. Antibacterial soap, unscented, is recommended. Dry the area, but use care, pat dry. Re-apply mild skin lotion to the tattoo, and use only a very thin coating and apply it two to four times a day for at least a week.
- Best lotions are silicone based, not petroleum. We recommend Aquaphor, but others can be used. Avoid anything that says ‘exfoliate’. Note if you do use petroleum based, it might pull out ink and it will come off on other surfaces, such as your clothes or sheets.
- Avoid sunburns, salt or chlorine water or hot tubs until your tattoo is fully healed. This can be anywhere from four to six weeks. Do not use sunscreen on your tattoo until it is fully healed.
- It will start to itch, and might even scab or have pieces ‘flake’ off. Avoid scratching or picking at it and let them come off naturally.
If you have any further questions, please reach out here, or to the shop directly. Additionally if it becomes infected or painful, or you develop a fever shortly after being tattooed, seek medical attention.